- Age discrimination case alleged against an insulation installment company under FEHA and under common law.
- Sex discrimination against major shipping company in which plaintiff alleged she was subject to a different standard for performance than her male colleagues. Case tried to verdict but settled before punitive damages phase of the trial.
- Discrimination alleged by professor seeking tenure.
- Plaintiff alleged wrongful termination from a medical center claiming that she was retaliated against for engaging in union activities.
- Plaintiff sued a university for wrongful termination from her position as an assistant professor when she failed to return to work after medical leave. The core issues in the case revolved around failure to achieve tenure and the status of her academic research. The case was tried to verdict and the Court of Appeal affirmed Judge Smith’s orders denying plaintiff's motion for reinstatement to her position as professor.
- Class action against a car manufacturer for racial bias on the production floor.