Business / Contract
- Action for breach of contract, fraud and concealment following the sale of stock in a newspaper publishing corporation.
- Dispute over purported ownership of a nightclub. Plaintiff alleged defendant granted him half ownership in exchange for his capital investment then excluded him for ownership and management of the club.
- Action by a bank against a title company for negligence in managing an escrow to which the bank was not a party. The theory of liability was that the bank had a financial interest in the outcome of the escrow and was therefore owed a duty of care.
- Declaratory relief sought against homeowners’ association to determine that amendments to development’s covenants, conditions and restrictions deprived owners of significant property rights.
- Action involving a dispute over competing claims for the surplus proceeds from a foreclosure sale of a residence.
- A case resolving the disputed financial matters of a couple who broke their engagement. The Court of Appeal affirmed the order apportioning the various assets owned or controlled by the parties.